An introduction to sitar (one to one lessons)
For beginners who would like lessons but do not have an instrument, there is a second sitar available for students. The first class will involve tuning both sets of strings, spacing the frets correctly and teaching the student to tune to a raga. It may involve restringing the sitar which can be an involved process that is best learnt by participating.
Learning to play
Although the sitar is known to be a complex and sophisticated instrument to play, it is possible to produce some beautiful and authentic sounds with some dedication and practice.
Getting started will involve:
* Sitting correctly for optimum comfort
* Learning an Indian scale which will dictate the notes played in a particular raga or mode
* Establishing the cyclic time patterns
* Learning melodies within the time structure
* Developing the raga
* Learning about improvisation
lesson (1hr): £40.00
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 01273 875131/07816617387